Friday, September 12, 2008

What's my motivation?

I'm feeling challenged to go for a run today. Yep, it's one of those days where I'm feeling lazy and practically have to drag myself outdoors. I've been fortunate enough to have felt energized the last several weeks, but life is not constant. So why do I feel like this today? Here are my initial thoughts:

1. ~86m the last 10 days, not including an easy 4.5 today
2. 23m tomorrow looming like a storm cloud
3. not enough sleep
4. improper nutrition (too much sugar)

I felt a little bad for my wife last night because she had to put up with my grumpiness, which inevitably makes her grumpy, making for a crappy evening for the both of us.

So here's what I'm going to do to fix this mini funk: I'm going to run. I have never once regretted going out for a run, and I'm sure that won't change today.

So what is my motivation...to qualify for Boston!

No comments: