Thursday, September 11, 2008

mmmmm.....COOKIES!

I think I had about ten cookies today. Two after lunch, and another eight dark absolutely divine chocolate chip with walnuts (from a Jacques Torres recipe) that my wife made after dinner. I think that's why I'm still up at 1am. At this point in my training, I know I probably should be eating better fuel. I usually put together a bowl of spinach, carrots, mushrooms, 1/2 hard-boiled egg and some dressing along with my main course, and I think that has worked pretty well for me, but my kryptonite is sugar in the form of baked goods. I find it practically impossible to resist cookies, muffins, brownies, blondies, whatever, around this time of year. My rationalization is that I need the energy for all my training. Give me lots of pasta, lots of veggies, but also give me lots of cookies :-)

This is definitely not a complaint. I know I won't be able to eat like this forever so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: