Monday, September 29, 2008

< 5 Weeks To NYC Marathon!

Starting to feel the marathon itch...I think. In terms of preparation, I'm definitely looking forward to this marathon. Sixty-two miles was the most I've done in any week in my yrs of running and it did not feel as bad as I thought it would. From a mental standpoint, the five 20+ milers I've done has really shortened the run. Furthermore, the nearly four hours on the run course yesterday gives me confidence that I can be out on the course that long - if needed - without feeling broken down. And that was with a shorter tougher race the day before. Another recovery week this week, and I think I'll bump it up to 70 the following week. From there, it's time to taper!

Today, I just went for a short and easy recovery run of 6.5 miles with a great running partner that will be taking a maternity leave from the hobby. As predicted, I would have to deal with knee pain from wearing broken down shoes. I had to ice my inner left kneecap after the run. My leg muscles are also tight, but both problems will go away with rest. That said, I don't know how hard I'll be able to do tomorrow's speed workout. I guess I'll just have to see.

No comments: