Saturday, September 20, 2008

Today's easy run

Every run seems to have a characteristic of its own. Today's easy run was just really, really relaxing. That's not always the case when I'm running alone, but that was my intent today. Also, I didn't want to give my running muscles two consecutive inactive days. A hard run on a 3rd day hurts after two rest days. Anyways, what made the run relaxing this afternoon was that I allowed myself to go slow and easy (9m/m). The cool air around the bridle path was refreshing, and essentially I was able to enjoy some quality time in a natural setting. That's one of the main reasons why I enjoy running. As a matter of fact, here's a list of why I like running:

- keeps me sane after any crazy day
- the endorphin flow makes me happy
- I can pretty much whatever and whenever I want
- when running alone, spiritual and meditative benefits

No comments: