Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tempo Run

Considering that it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to pack in more mileage during lunch today. No one was able to join me so I turned it into a mild tempo run of about 7:00 - 7:10 per mile for 4 miles once I got to the Brooklyn Bridge and to base of Manhattan Bridge. This sets me up for a nice rest day tomorrow so I'll be relatively fresh for Saturday's race. At the packet pickup today, I learned that there were more obstacles than I had originally thought. Particularly, a rope crawl and some monkey bars. I've always liked monkey bars, but I've never done a rope crawl.

In other happenings, I'm almost done setting up my new notebook. Drives have been partitioned and the system drive imaged in case of emergency. I think I've installed all the major applications. Next comes the utilities, and lastly, multimedia and entertainment. By the time I'm done, it'll have taken me three days to set up everything. Whew. I think it'll be worth it once all the cable clutter and the workstation is gone to free up some precious square footage.

No comments: