Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Less I Run, The More Tired I Am?

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to take the week easy, and it's only Wednesday. I decided to have another day off instead of a 4-6 mile active recovery jog, but I think I prefer to be out running instead so I can have a little more energy in the evening. It's not even 8:30pm, and I'm feeling ready to go to bed - highly unusual. I have to keep reminding myself that it's good for the body to recover and adapt to the higher mileages. That said, I'm definitely running tomorrow, probably an easy lunchtime run on Friday, and probably about 14-16 on Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, I've decided to run my first 5th Avenue Mile. It's only a mile, it's a NYC marathon qualifier, and I can do it in the middle of my short(ish) long run this weekend. It will be fun to run full blast for a mile. I'm hoping to finish in the 5:40's. I'd be ecstatic to get into the 5:30's. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: