Monday, September 22, 2008

Goodbye Rest Week, Hello Work Week

The next seven days of marathon training will be ambitious. I'll be stacking up more miles and hope to do another 60+ miles if my body feels up to it. It'll culminate with 8+ miles of the urbanathlon on Saturday, which includes 1/2 mile of stairs to the top of World Trade Center 7, and then an 18 mile NYC marathon tune-up on Sunday. I'll probably add another ~3 miles to that race by running home just to get the mileage past 20 for the day.

So to get this week started, I did an easy 8.25 miles through Central Park. It was another pleasant run around the bridle path and Harlem hill. Besides the 1 mile to the park, I ran mostly trail. It's definitely easier on the body and seemingly more enjoyable than running on the street within the park. I think I'll be doing that more often.

No comments: