Thursday, July 16, 2009

Turned the Corner

I think I'm over my yearly period, as my wife likes to call it. Goals and workout wise, focus is resharpening and intentions clear, which is exactly how I like it. I think the most helpful changes I've made in the last week to help me turn things around are...
  • going to bed before midnight
  • reestablish that I'm training for something (NYC marathon - 16+ wks left!)
I wish those were magic bullets every time I feel lazy, worn or burned out, but it seems to change every single time. I've come to realize that I just have to try and minimize the damage whenever this period happens.

That said, I'm off to do some pushups, pullups and stretches. I haven't been keeping up with my strength exercises as I should because I realized I'm not going to reach 100 straight or 30 straight. As of tonight, my max numbers are as follows:

  • 25 pullups. Last two barely got my chin past the bar.
  • 65 pushups. I think this number is affected because I do it after my pullups.
Anyways, it's good to feel reenergized and no longer mopy dopy.

No comments: