Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thoughts about running this week

I usually write something after my NYRR workouts, but this week I didn't see that as appropriate. I didn't work out hard enough. I'll be running the Scotland Run on Saturday so I want to take it easy most of this week before the race. Sunday will be my last long run (20-24 miles) before I taper.

Keeping the easy theme going, I did the same thing as Monday - core strengthening, stretching and push-ups for an hour or so. This should be my last solid strengthening week as well. While I'm tapering my miles, it'll be strength maintenance.

This early training season has definitely been easier with less mileage than last year, but I've added more functional strength and speed workouts. It will be seriously interesting to see how the marathon will turn out.

No comments: