Monday, April 20, 2009

A Thought About Yesterday's Race

Before anything, congratulations to all the Boston Marathon participants. Proud of the Americans finishing third, but happier for my training buddies that did a great job. With some luck, a Boston marathon will be in my future.

There's one thought that kept popping to mind after I digested yesterday's race results. How in the world did I do a 3.5 mile race at a 6:20 pace? The 3.5 mile race was in reverse of most of yesterday's route, meaning it felt more uphill throughout. Granted it's 800m shorter, but unless I crawled those last 800m, my pace wouldn't drop to the 6:38 I did yesterday. My legs weren't fresh yesterday either, but I can't attest the time differential to that. I must have had an out of body experience that day. Whatever it was, I need to find out so I can replicate the energy. That same race is coming up in less than two months.

No comments: