Friday, March 13, 2009

Losing Sucks

Our company basketball playoffs started tonight, and unfortunately, we lost. Not that it's any excuse, but we were unexpected short-handed. We definitely put out a good effort, having a six point lead after the first half, but we lost the lead midway through the second half. Personally, I feel like I could have done more, but we were matched up man to man and our offense operated a little differently without a controlling big man in the middle. I was so annoyed after the game that I went to do some interval workouts on the spinner after the game. Even then, on the way home, I took the train heading the wrong direction and didn't realize it until two stops into Brooklyn. Bah. Anyways, I was a 35 year old rookie this year...I think I'll be better next year. To console myself, I went to Daisy May's - the best barbecue I've ever had.

Now that the basketball season is over, I can focus on running. I've just missed logging 40 mile weeks last two weeks, but I never counted the basketball games. I wonder if they count as some sort of a speed workout. I don't log it, but I think it definitely strengthens me in ways that supports my running. With seven weeks to the marathon, I'll need every bit of help to meet my goal time.

No comments: