Friday, May 1, 2009

T minus 2 days

Two days out, still carbo loading. Thankfully, my wife made a great meal - Chicken Assagios and chocolate walnut brownies with Haagen-Dazs ice cream - seen below:



If you're wondering if I finished all that food, I did, plus a little more dessert. Needless to say, I feel all carbed up. One more high carb meal mid-day tomorrow, and I'll be nutrionally set.

As far as training for the race is concerned, all systems are go. I checked my heart rate yesterday for my pace training run and it was about the same as the NYC marathon, which indicates similar fitness. My racing HR will average in the 160's. I'll just have to make sure I hydrate properly throughout the race to prevent cramping.

The only thing I (and the other 9000+ participants) will have to watch is the weather. There looks to be a decent chance of rain. Praying and crossing my fingers for a rain-free race.

No comments: