Friday, May 15, 2009

To Race or Not To Race...

That is the question this weekend. I have a few friends doing the Healthy Kidney 10k in CP tomorrow, but thank goodness I didn't sign up for that. I have work tomorrow. I'm talking about the Queens biathlon. Off the top of my head, here are my reasons for doing and not doing the race:

Pros:
  • IT'S FUN! This weighs heavily. I love racing on my bike and this might be the only time this year I get to do so.
  • Several colleagues doing the race.
  • Small race, which means I could win my age group. Last year I was 2nd and I didn't feel like I was quite as serious.
Cons:
  • NOT RACE READY. Labored through what was supposed to be an easy 14-mile spin around Central Park today.
  • Spending money on a race that doesn't count for the 9 towards the NYC marathon.
  • Have work to finish on Sunday.
  • Race forecast is mid-50's and showers, like the marathon.
  • Only 2 weeks removed from the marathon. I should still be recovering. See first reason.
Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

No comments: