Monday, May 11, 2009

What's Next?

Now that I've accomplished my blog's raison d'etre, I've been pondering, "what's next?" I think I've come up with my plan.

I have two more target events with the following goals this year:
  • NYC Half-Marathon on 8/16/2009 - break 1:30
  • NYC Marathon on 11/1/2009 - break 3:10
With roughly 3 months from now 'til the NYC half and another 3 months to the NYC full, I'm going to dedicate the next 3 months to speed workouts. That means shorter, more intense runs. My longest runs of the week will probably be my Tuesday night NYRR workouts and one weekend easy run of no more than 10 miles.

I'm not going to put too much thought into marathon training yet, but my current thought is to replicate my method for this past marathon. Will do 2-3 speed workouts per week with shorter mileage; add cross-training; weekend long runs. Maybe I'll do one or two 60+ mile weeks, but we'll see when the time comes.

No comments: