Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Update - In Like A Lion

Weather wise - untrue. Running wise, March has indeed come in like a lion. Almost two weeks in to March, my legs are starting to feel heavy. And it's a welcome feeling to know I'm working. Here's why...

Week 1 (44+ miles):
  • 2 miles warmup, 4x mile repeats 6:00, 6:00, 6:11, 6:20 + 5 easy miles
  • 6x 400m hill sprints (1:35, 1:32, 1:30, 1:30, 1:28, 1:22)
  • 20+ mile progression run (8:05 avg). I was inspired by watching Josh Cox training video, where he was doing something like 5:20 pace(!!!) at miles 26-30(!!!) to finish his workout.
Week 2:

Not done yet, but that progression run is the main culprit for deadening my legs. So this week, I've held back on speed workouts, doing somewhat easy fartleks in Central Park. I have 22 planned for Saturday - 14 easy, 5 in the 8k race, and 3 miles commute home. That's the plan anyways. We'll see how it goes.


In other news, I just booked my hotel in San Antonio for my Boston Marathon celebration. Looking forward to Salt Lick and other fine eating establishments.

No comments: