Friday, June 4, 2010

Hot and humid

I thought last week's numbers were just too good to be true, and I was right after looking at Garmin Connect. The mile repeats were not exactly 1 mile, so I'm adding about 15s to each mile I did. Still pretty decent numbers though.

Ran 2 x 2 milers this evening while it was 84F and muggy. What a battle. My legs are also still recovering from the 300 squats from a workout three days ago. No way I was going to post last week's adjusted numbers tonight, but I was going to try.

Stretch 1 - 2 miles @ 13:03 (6:37 + 6:26). First half mile mostly uphill, then rolling hills from there. Second mile also rolling hills.

Recovery - .5 miles. Jogged back along the rout near the intersection of 102nd and CP West.

Stretch 2 - 2.1 miles @ 13:57. Avg pace for both miles was ~6:43. Tough stretch with headwind to add to rolling hills.

Overall, happy with my effort. I'm not going to get down on myself for this one because of the slow times. Hopefully I'll be much better in two weeks though.


No comments: