Wednesday, September 30, 2009

P90X Day 2 - Plyometrics

No wonder I'm not a fan of exercise videos. They feel like they take forever. The workout itself wasn't too bad. Cardio wise, I definitely would get a better workout doing intervals. But this P90X program is not about the cardio. This was about the nearly 1 hour of various squats and jumps. Doable, but uncomfortable. The hardest was for me was the swing kicks over the back of my kitchen chair.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have to do either a run or the P90X workout in the morning so I can squeeze in two workouts. Not really looking forward to it. It's forcing me to have to bed earlier. But it is what it is.

Diet wise, it has been only two days. Can't see a difference in appearance. However, I can feel the difference that I've been away from sugars for a couple of days. I feel a little "cleaner." I'm also staying away from fatty beef and dark chicken meat. Desserts and baked goods have been my addiction over the years and I doubt I'll ever kick the habit. For 90 days though, I think it's doable.

Lastly, our Vitamix blender came in today! I don't like whole fruits. So what's a boy to do? Turn them into smoothies! Can't wait to try it out.

No comments: