Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Heart Central Park

Along my easy pace eight miles tonight, I got to thinking how thankful I am of Central Park. I several hours there per week mostly running, biking and walking. Whatever the activity and season, it's an oasis for me. Sara and I occasionally talk about moving to another part of the city and one of our requirements is to live by the park. Come to think of it, I honestly don't know if I could last so many years in NYC if I lived away. That may sound dramatic, but there's a ring of truth. West side highway is it's straight and boring. Prospect Park in Brooklyn was architected by the same landscape designers as CP, but it's not quite big enough. I've probably run CP's loops hundreds of times by now. With or without an ipod, it has never been boring. I can't say the same for all other places I've lived, and that includes Hawaii.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Happened on this blog through your flickr profile. Interesting the way you keep this up as almost a stream of conscientiousness. Bandman12