Thursday, November 6, 2008

One of those Days?

I figured today was going to be one of those days that I would just as soon be over. Alarm clock didn't go off (dead batteries) so I woke up late. Decided to take the cab to work thinking it would get me there sooner. It didn't, but it did cost me an extra $20+! Tardiness caused me to miss breakfast. I was grumpy all morning. Ugh.

Fortunately, it was relatively mild today. I haven't run since the marathon and I felt good enough to be out, and nothing dismisses negative energy like a nice run. Ended up doing about 4.6 miles with Aaron. By the end of the run, the endorphins vanquished most of my moodiness and I was thankful to be normal again.

There was one other reason I wanted to run today. I can't believe that after only three days of inactivity, I'm amazed at how quickly the love handles come back. I guess I haven't been eating all that great either, but I wish I could enjoy being lean for a little longer than three days.

No comments: