Saturday, April 4, 2009

4 weeks to go...

and two more 'til taper. This season, that means just a little less running than I'm doing now. Last season, I felt like my body went into a running withdrawal during taper and I actually was more sore during the tapering than when I was logging 50-60+ miles/wk. Last week was my first 40+ week and I hit 40+ again after today's long run. Below is my March and first week of April mileage:

Miles: 178.73
Not on there: at least 1 session of core and general body strengthening and stretching/week
Also not on there: spin sessions


So, am I ready? I guess I'll just have to wait and see. This NJ marathon has become more of a training experiment. I definitely feel strong for shorter races with the speed workouts and strengthening, but the long runs start to hurt sooner than they did last year.

No comments: