Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Speed classes while tired

I don't feel like working out today. Hadn't been home all weekend, and got to bed about 2:30 last night. Even though I woke up at 8:30, I'm quite tired. Not too tired to workout, but I don't like going to my speed workout classes feeling weak and generally tired. But this is all a part of training and working out. I've run a marathon on less sleep, as I'm sure we all have. I've never been able to sleep much before any race. I have to run off the extra calories I consumed this weekend, and then some. Boston, here I come! :-)

On another note, I managed to finally figure out an application development problem today. I was trying to figure it out most of last week. Maybe it does do good to come to work tired?

Happy training!

==================================

Okay, my workout wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Fortuitously, it always turns out that way when I'm dreading any workout. 6x600's up to the NYC marathon finish line from Columbus Circle entry to Tavern On The Green. I still definitely wasn't pushing as hard as I have in the past. I had a max HR of 186. When I hit 190, I know I've pushed really hard.

About 9.5 weeks left to the marathon, and I worry a little bit about my mental state. I'm just not into it right now. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to do the miles and the speed workouts, but my mind is just not into it yet.

No comments: